A happy and safe workplace begins with safety training. From emergency preparedness and basic first aid training to advanced workplace safety, you can leverage the power of training to guarantee your employees are equipped with the skills and confidence needed to respond to a workplace injury or incident.
When it comes to safety, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Our team of safety professionals have put together a few suggestions to help you on your path to creating the safest environment for your clients and employees in the new year.
First Aid Training
First aid training for your employees is essential for workplace safety. CPR and basic first aid training are the first steps towards creating a safe work environment. Whether your work environment is located in a traditional office or a factory, every business has customers and staff who will benefit from workplace safety training.
Common benefits of first aid skills training within the workplace include:
– Customized training – HSS first aid training programs allow your organization to customize their program to meet specific employee needs and current risk management strategy with the the needs of your industry.
– Reduced workplace incidents – Participants of first aid programs become more aware of their work environment, which will help to reduce workplace injuries.
– First response – First aid and CPR provides employees with the skills and confidence needed to manage an emergency with confidence. When waiting for paramedics or medical professionals to arrive, this can become the difference between life and death.
– First aid kits – Employees will benefit from learning where first aid kits are located, how to use its contents, and the various ways to respond to common workplace incidents.
Take it a Step Further with Advanced First Aid Training
Once your employees have been trained in basic first aid techniques, you can build upon their skills with Level 3 Advanced First Aid for the workplace.
It is a requirement of the Health and Safety Law for employers to ensure the health and safety and welfare of their employees and the public. In accordance with the Health and Safety Law, employers provide adequate personnel, training, and equipment to render first aid to their employees.
HSS Advanced First Aid Training is designed to not only provide employees with life-saving skills, it also ensures your organization is compliant with the guidelines of the Health and Safety Law. During their 3-day training participants will learn the skills necessary to deal with casualties for a wide range of emergencies that may require first aid.
Additionally, the program includes multiple simulations of actual emergencies that can be tailored to your specific organization and specific workplace environment.
Emergency Evacuation Training
Emergency evacuation training teaches employees how to respond in the event of an emergency. Additionally, emergency evacuation training programs help businesses to create and implement their emergency evacuation plans to clearly define where emergency equipment should be placed, highlight emergency exits, and describe emergency evacuation procedures.
Expertly designed emergency evacuation plans may include:
– Bomb threats
– National security threats
– Gas leaks
– Biological or chemical spills
– Severe weather conditions
– And more
HSS Health & Safety Solutions
At HSS, we provide high quality health and safety services to ensure your employees have the confidence, knowledge, and skills to save lives and respond to potential emergencies. Additionally, our workplace training seminars protect your bottom line and business interests. Whether you require one or all of our training seminars, we will help your company create the safest environment for your employees.
Regardless of the of size or industry of your business, our team can customise your first aid training programs to meet your exact needs. Additionally, we can conduct all of your training sessions onsite, or any other preferred location.
When it comes to the health and safety of your employees, proper first aid and safety training is essential for building a safe and successful company. Contact a member of our team to learn more!